Live Chat Citizen Action Center
Osceola Sectional Hero
Administration Building - Community Development Department
M-Th: 7:30AM - 5:00PM; Fri: 9:00AM-5:00PM
(407) 742-0200
1 Courthouse Square,
Suite 1400
Kissimmee, FL 34741


Contractor Licensing

For information concerning Contractor Licensing, you may contact our office at 407-742-0200 or e-mail:

Occupational Licenses

Occupational licenses are issued from the Osceola County Tax Collector. They may be contacted by calling 407-742-4000.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I become a licensed Contractor?

In order to qualify to be a licensed contractor, you must show proof of experience in the particular trade you are interested in being licensed. Please register through the State of Florida, Department of Business and Professional Regulations at

What Building Codes does Osceola County enforce?

Osceola County enforces the Florida Building Code.

Can I be my own Contractor?

Pursuant to Florida Statute 489.103(7) an owner/occupant of a property may be issued a permit to do contracting work on their own property. A Statement of Fact must be signed establishing the owner builder exemption. An owner/builder may only hire licensed subcontractors in those trades that carry a contractor’s license.

The limitation is as follow: 1) Residential structure--Owners of property when acting as their own contractor and providing direct onsite supervision themselves of all work not performed by licensed contractors, when building or improving farm outbuildings on one family or two family residences for occupancy or use of such owners and not offered for sale or lease 2) Commercial structure—Building or improving commercial buildings at a cost not to exceed 25,000, on such property for the occupancy or use of such owners and not offered for sale or lease.

How do I submit a complaint against a licensee or report unlicensed activity?

To file a complaint against a licensee or report unlicensed activity, submit a complaint here:

For more information concerning the investigation of a complaint, you may contact our office at 407-742-0200.

Is an occupational license a state license?

No, these are two different types of licenses.

  • An occupational license is issued from Tax Collector's office to operate a business whether the scope of the work requires a state license or not.
  • A state license is issued from the Department of Business and Professional Regulations. State licenses (registrations) are only issued to those who have taken a state exam for a particular trade that requires a state license. This basically includes, but is not limited to the following: All structural work, roofing, aluminum, electrical, plumbing or mechanical.

If you have any questions as to whether the type of the work being done requires a state license or just an occupational license, please call our office and we will be happy to assist you.

Can an after hours (overtime) inspection be scheduled?

Yes, fill out an After Hours Inspection Request Form located under the Inspections section of the Main Menu. You must pay the minimum fee of $160.00 before the inspection request is approved. If additional fees are incurred, payment is due upon receipt of invoice and no further inspections will be performed and/or a Certificate of Occupancy will not be issued until the fee is paid.

How long does it take to issue a Certificate of Occupancy?

One to two days after the power call is processed.