Curbside Collection Services
Proper Cart Usage:
- Per Osceola County Code of Ordinance, please place your carts at the curb no earlier than 6:00 p.m. on the night before your scheduled collection and no later than 6:00 a.m. on collection day.
- Remove carts promptly from curb after collection.
- All trash or recycling must be inside the cart (none on top of or beside the cart)
- There should be about 4 feet of clearance around each cart placed curbside in order for the trucks to use the mechanical arm.
- The carts should be placed away from your mailbox, parked cars, and low-hanging tree limbs.
- The handles should be facing your house, and the arrows on the lid should be pointed toward the street.
All residents in unincorporated Osceola County will receive a once-a-week garbage collection. This does not include yard waste, hazardous waste, or construction and demolition materials.
For collection requests contact Waste Management at 407-605-3892, or submit a service request online. One of our customer service representatives will be happy to assist you.
- Garbage containers should be used for household garbage only.
- The county recommends placing household waste in bags first before placing it inside of the cart. This will keep your carts cleaner and minimize odors.
- All waste MUST fit inside of your container.
- Please do not mix yard waste or recyclables in with your household garbage.
- Place your cart within three feet from the curb.
For general questions, please call our Solid Waste department at 407-742-7750.
Residents in unincorporated Osceola County will receive recycle collection one time per week.
- Plastic bottles
- Aluminum Cans
- Flattened cardboard
Below are some of the items that can NOT be placed in your recycle cart:
- Plastic bags
- Glass (click here for more info)
- Pizza boxes
- Polystyrene / styrofoam
- Food waste or liquids
- Yard waste
- Clothing, textiles or carpet
- Hazardous materials or electronics
- Needles or syringes
- Batteries, tires or automotive parts
When in doubt, call us at 407-742-7750.
Yard waste is collected once per week and includes grass clippings, tree branches, palm fronds, etc.
Every week, your service provider will collect up to 10 containers, bags, bundles or individual items such as limbs, provided no individual items exceeds four feet in length, six inches in diameter or weighs more than 50 lbs.
- We recommend using a garbage container for yard waste. (They should be no larger than 45 gallons with detachable lids).
- Place leaves, pine needles and yard clippings in bags or containers.
Supplemental collection of yard waste can be scheduled as well, for an additional cost, by contacting Waste Management at 407-605-3892. Fees payable by the customer for any supplemental services of yard waste and bulky items shall not exceed $10.00 per cubic yard.
This includes the collection of items such as refrigerators, washing machines, hot water heaters, stoves and dishwashers. Must be scheduled.
- Contact Waste Management at 407-605-3892 to schedule collection of your appliance.
- To ensure the safety of children in the community, please remove or seal appliance doors prior to setting the item(s) out at curbside.
The collection of bulk waste is provided once per week on garbage day. Collection of bulk waste includes larger household items such as chairs, tables, couches, etc.
- Setting out large items is limited to 3 cubic yards
- Bulk waste does not include collection of appliances or construction materials.
- The Service Provider is not required to collect bulky items exceeding 3 cubic yards in volume.
See Supplemental Services link below for information on collection of excess bulk over 3 cubic yard.
Supplemental collection of bulky waste can be scheduled as well, for an additional cost, by contacting Waste Management at 407-605-3892. Fees payable by the customer for any supplemental services of yard waste and bulky items shall not exceed $10.00 per cubic yard.
Have a party and have extra garbage or recyclables that do not fit in your carts? Not to worry!
Residents can receive up to two supplemental collection services for household waste and/or recyclables per fiscal year (October 1 – September 30) at no additional charge.
- Supplemental collection of garbage and recycling is limited to 11 (13 gallon) bags.
- Each supplemental collection is limited to ONLY household waste and recyclables that would fit in bags.
- Each bag cannot weigh more than 50 lbs.
* If additional supplemental collection services are needed beyond the two free collections, citizens may contact Waste Management Services at a negotiated rate not to exceed $2.50 per bag with bags not exceeding 50 lbs. each.
Supplemental collection of yard waste and bulky waste can be scheduled as well, for an additional cost, by contacting Waste Management at 407-605-3892. Fees payable by the customer for any supplemental services of yard waste and bulky items shall not exceed $10.00 per cubic yard.